Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Some interesting occurrances in Haining

      For this blog I want to do something a little bit different. I am currently not necessarily completely in love with my living situation, since I find the people living around me to be a little bit dull because of their constant complaining about cultural thing they haven't tried to understand, I have distanced myself from them, but not made myself lonely. I used this opportunity to find interesting things to do every day, and they are definitely worth sharing with other people. I don't really want to share these things with the other foreigners around me, because no matter what it is, they would probably find a way to use them to complain about how much they don't like China and the school and whatever else there is to complain about. I would much rather share it with you guys, though you don't actually say anything about what I post here, I know you are watching. Heck, I have international viewers, you might not even understand what I am typing, but I bet I would like your reaction much more than their's.
      Well, that came absolutely out of nowhere. Let's look at some pictures! hahaha




      We bought live crabs and cooked them. After we bought them we put them in the freezer, and they were supposed to die in the freezer, but one of them didn't! That was pretty crazy. Also, one of the crabs had this orange stuff in it. We both agreed that it was a girl crab and they were eggs, but after I posted these pictures on my wechat, one of my friends revealed that it was actually sperm. hahaha I can't believe that we actually thought that was eggs. Anyway, the crabs tasted pretty good, but I don't think we are going to be doing that again for a long time, because it was really expensive. I would totally do it again though. We had a nice dinner of crabs in vinegar that one time, but I think it might be cheaper in a restaurant. Oh well, onto the next interesting story.

      There is a really sweet adorable story behind this chicken. One week I had a really terrible day on that Monday. My classes were all really terrible, and nobody was listening to me, so that night I talked to Hui about it, and I was all ready the next day to go in and be all mean and mad at my students. However, when I walked into class on Tuesday, which is my busiest day, all of my students in every class were perfect angels. Because of this, I told them what a bad day I had on Monday, and how thankful I was for their behavior. Particularly in class 4 I mentioned something about a fund raising event they had on Monday when all the students got these little chickens, and I said that the students must have been too excited about the chickens to pay attention. Then, suddenly one of the students gave me his chicken and said I could have it. It was so sweet! Oh my gosh I really love my students. Also, yes, I think it is actually meant to be put on the top of your head. Isn't it marvelous?!

      My final story for this post is about tissues. Yes, that is correct. Just buying tissues can make me happy and excited. I am just an all around happy person, but who wouldn't be when Walmart sells tissues like this. I am a huge fan of the Avengers, so when I saw these tissues I had to buy them! The funny thing about this is that I bought these tissues only for them to be defective. When you try to open them, the sticky thing on the back just comes off and they stay shut. I just find that hilarious. I wish the Nick Fury one had one of his famous cheesy lines on it like "I blow my nose for justice!" Oh well, I am just glad that such awesome tissues exist so I can blow my nose and wipe my butt with tissues carried in Avengers awesomeness. That's all for this post, see you in the next one.

No comments:

Post a Comment