Wednesday, April 27, 2016

I'm learning about Chinese economics today! Yay!

Here's a quick (or really long if you watch the videos) little blog post for today, since my internet has been so horrible lately.

       So, I thought it might be fun if I share those videos I enjoy watching here on my blog. I'm learning a lot about China, and you can learn along with me if you would like. Today I'm watching a video about Chinese FDI in the US. FDI (foreign direct investment) is something I learned about back in my Chinese business class, and I don't remember much about it, but this was definitely an interesting talk to listen to while I was just relaxing in my room. I can't say I know anything about business, but if I'm just sitting here dreaming things up, I'd love to see the Chinese company 小米(xiaomi, sorry I don't know if it has an English name), come to America. I don't think it will happen, but I think it would be cool, just because I really really love my phone. I can't believe it only cost me like $200 and came with 32GB of storage. Anyway, you might be really into business and talking about FDI even more than I kind of am, so here's this video to peak your interest. I've got a lot of these to watch this week, so I can't wait to see what else they've got.

      Last week I watched a video of a talk about energy in China, and I have to admit it got me both really excited and really depressed. I don't like pollution! I don't actually know anybody who likes pollution. haha However, it looks like we are going to have to live with bad pollution for more than 15 years. I was really happy to hear that China is decreasing dependence on coal, but I also wish more Chinese people would buy electric cars. I think that would help so much! I mean, they already buy so many ebikes, and it is so convenient, because different vendors all over the place have places for you to just plug in your ebike. If they did that with electric cars, I think it would be awesome. Is there any kind of electric Maserati? I think it would sell well in China. I don't know though, the city I live in is really rich, so I see a lot of Maseratis here.
      Also, after watching this, I read up on Xi Jinping's One Belt One Road that the fourth speaker was talking about, and it sounds like a really cool idea to me. I can honestly say that I myself don't feel threatened by it. I mean, it doesn't really even have much to do with America at all. I'm just one person, and I'm not really worried about the prospects of China trying to "increase the sphere of influence" as they say. It's not really got anything to do with me. I just think it seem like a really historic and cool idea. Anyway, I'll quit rambling and let you watch the video for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment