Thursday, April 7, 2016

Hangzhou in the spring

      This spring has been really really cold, and I have been sick for a long time, so I haven't been out very much lately. I suddenly declared myself mostly better this week, so I am preparing to make the most of my time and do all the new and interesting things that I can. To begin, I have no classes on Thursdays, so I thought I would use Thursday this week to go and hang out with my friend in Hangzhou. She brought me to a place next to West Lake (苏提和雷峰塔那边next to suti and leifengta) called 太子湾公园(crown prince bay park/ taiziwan park). This is definitely a must see if you are going to Hangzhou in the spring. Taiziwan park is a huge field of tulips of every shape size and color. If you want to see it in full color, you might want to go a little bit earlier than we went, but it was still very lovely to see. So, if you happen to live in Hangzhou, and you are looking for a fun activity this spring, I would say this would be the place to go.






tulips after a heavy rain











      While I was there, I suddenly found out that my friend, Sarah, was in Hangzhou, so we met up, which was also great. I always love meeting with my friends! On top of this little day trip, I found out that I have spring break next week, so I have decided that I am going to go visit another one of my dear friends, Junlin. I am so excited!


No comments:

Post a Comment