Thursday, March 24, 2016

Thrills in Shanghai: Shanghai Happy Valley

      I told Hui that I have to ride roller coasters every summer. It keeps my energy up, and gives me those wonderful endorphins. Yeah, I love it, so we found this amusement park, Shanghai Happy Valley, and we went their on a three day weekend. It was very interesting. It was actually Hui's first time on roller coasters, and we decided for his first roller coaster ever, we should ride the most extreme one in the park. When we started getting closer, he kept telling me he was afraid he was going to throw up, but I told him he definitely would not. I have to say, that roller coaster I think was the best quality one I have ever been on. It was really cool, because right as we were going down on the first hill, it just stopped for a few seconds. I feel like that style of roller coaster is popular in China, because I think they have one of those in Guangzhou too. Anyways, it was awesome, and Hui hated it. He's probably never going to ride roller coasters again. lol
      If you were wondering, the biggest difference I can see between theme parks in China and theme parks in America is that you'll only get to ride four or less rides, because the wait time for absolutely everything is over an hour. It was still a great time, and that was the first time we saw the plant hair clip fashion trend, so we had fun making fun of them in the lines. They also put up a lot of nice scenery. I think they knew that people weren't going to get many rides in, but they wanted people to feel like they got their money's worth. I certainly felt satisfied, but I still wish I had time to ride more than two roller coasters and a kiddy ride. I need to open the discussion with Hui about possibly building an apartment in Disneyland. That might do it for me.
My name is Chen Hui, and I conquered this thing!





No comments:

Post a Comment