Thursday, July 23, 2015

塔 Selfies

So, for this next blog post I have decided to show all of my glorious 塔selfies from my travels around Chna so far. I haven't taken many, but I really like the way they look, so I am not going to stop taking them anytime soon.
I mentioned before this first selfie is not a real selfie! :O I know......scandal, but I think it still looks epic. It was epic enough that I made it my profile picture on facebook, so there. It wasn't a real selfie, but the picture kicks ass. There is my justification.





The next 塔selfie comes from the town where I live and work, Haining. This was a rather small and short pagoda, only three floors in height. I found it on an amazing investigative adventure with my friend Sarah, better known as 沙拉(salad....yes, I know.....my students all asked me if she was delicious). This pagoda was found on a small mountain right next to the street where I like to go shopping, called 工人路.



 Our third 塔selfie comes again from Haining, but this one was taken at a location about an hour away from my school. This pagoda is known as 占鳌塔(zhan ao pagoda), and is located at Haining's famous landmark, the Qiantang river. Each year in the fall there is an amazing tide at this particular location along the river, and I plan to go back to see it! (Also on this fall's to do list: eating lots and lots of crab.)


The final 塔selfie takes a more modern approach to a traditional idea. You can probably guess where this is based on the moderness and expensiveness of the appearance. Yes, it is indeed Shanghai's famous Oriental Pearl Tower. My costar in this photo is my always charming boyfriend, Hui. Give him a round of applause for his first 塔selfie!

Here's hoping that my 塔selfies will start a trend! C'mon, now everybody's doing it!
给我看你的塔自拍。:D

No comments:

Post a Comment